Table of Contents
Lentils are a filling, nutritious, and versatile food. They’re also one of the most affordable ingredients you can buy at the grocery store. And with this recipe for lentil salad, you can make a simple meal out of them!
1 cup lentils
one cup lentils
1 cup dry lentils
1 cup uncooked lentils
2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place the lentils in a large bowl and add the water, lemon juice, and oil.
- Cover and let sit for 10 minutes or until tender, then drain thoroughly in a sieve or colander lined with cheesecloth (or use a fine-meshed strainer). Set aside to cool completely before refrigerating overnight if desired; this will help make them easier to chop when they’re ready to serve later on!
1/2 teaspoon salt
Salt is a mineral that’s used to season food and add flavor. It’s also used as a preservative, as well as in the manufacturing of soap and paper, cement, paint, and leather dye.
Salt is derived from sodium chloride—an ionic compound made up of one atom (Na) and one atom (Cl).
1/4 teaspoon coriander
Coriander, also known as cilantro or Chinese parsley, is a common spice used in Indian and Mexican cooking. It’s often found in curry powders and other dishes.
- If you don’t have coriander on hand already, it can be purchased at most grocery stores that sell spices or online.
- Cilantro has a strong flavor so only use what you need!
1 tablespoon olive oil
Olive oil is a great source of healthy fats, but it’s also calorie-dense. If you’re trying to lose weight or keep your caloric intake low, consider using another oil instead. For example, coconut oil has been shown to boost metabolism and aid weight loss; avocado oil contains lauric acid (a substance that helps fight inflammation), which can help reduce joint pain from arthritis; and flaxseed oil may improve cholesterol levels in people with high cholesterol levels.
2 cups diced apple
The apples you use for this salad can be any variety you prefer, as long as they’re sweet or tart. I like to mix up different colors and textures by using red apples with green leaves for a more festive look. You can also add dried fruit like raisins or cranberries (if you want a little sweetness) to give it more flavor!
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Cilantro is a popular herb used in many Mexican and Indian dishes. It has a fresh, citrusy flavor and can be added to salads or sandwiches. In addition to being it as a garnish on tacos and other dishes, cilantro is also used as a flavoring agent for sauces (think guacamole).
If you’re looking for an easy way to add more cilantro flavor to your diet without having to buy fresh leaves from the store—here’s how: Chop up some fresh cilantro leaves!
Add your favorite salad ingredients to lentils for an easy, nutritious meal.
Lentils are high in protein, fiber, and iron. They’re also high in folate, which helps prevent birth defects.
If you’re looking for an easy way to add lentils to your diet, here are some ideas:
- Add them to salads or stir-fries with other veggies or meat.
- Try them as the base for a sandwich on homemade bread (use panko breadcrumbs instead of regular ones).
The possibilities are endless with this recipe. Use it as a base for a lentil salad that is packed with flavor and nutrition, or create your combination of ingredients to create something unique.
Want to read more articles like this one? Briefnews.us is here
That’s our professional social media page :
Subscribe to our email newsletter to get the latest posts delivered right to your email.