Table of Contents
So, you’re looking for the most delicious apple pie recipe you’ll ever taste, huh? Let me guess, you’re picturing a warm, gooey pie straight from the oven, topped with a delicious, crispy crust?
I’m not going to lie to you—I’ve got a good one for you. This apple pie recipe is seriously mouth-watering, and it’s actually really easy to make. All you need is a few simple ingredients and a little bit of patience while it bakes.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your apron and get ready to bake the best apple pie of your life!
Apple Pie ingredients
The recipe for the perfect apple pie is one that’s been passed down from generation to generation. It’s a family secret that’s been kept tightly under wraps for years.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t get a little taste of what it’s like to make the best apple pie you’ll ever taste. Just follow this recipe, and you’ll be on your way to culinary heaven.
-1 crust (homemade or store-bought)
-6-7 cups thinly sliced granny smiths apples
-1/4 cup flour
-3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
-1 teaspoon cinnamon
-1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
-pinch of salt
-6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
-1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Apple Pie directions
Apple pie is a classic dessert that’s always a hit. Follow these simple instructions and you’ll have the best apple pie you’ve ever tasted.
-6-7 cups thinly sliced Granny Smith apples
-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
-3/4 cup sugar
-1/4 cup (packed) brown sugar
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/3 cup butter, cut into small pieces
– 2 tbsp chilled butter, sliced into tiny cubes
-1 tablespoon milk
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a large mixing basin, combine the apple slices. Toss with the flour, cinnamon, sugar, brown sugar, and salt until evenly coated.
3. Transfer to a 9-inch pie dish. Dot with 1/3 cup butter. Cover with foil. Bake for 40 minutes.
4. Remove foil. Dot with 2 tablespoons cold butter. Bake for another 10 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly.
5. Combine milk and vanilla extract in a small bowl; brush over the top of the pie. Before serving, cool completely on a wire rack.
Pie Crust Tips
Making the perfect pie crust can be a daunting task. But it doesn’t have to be! Just follow these simple tips and you’ll be on your way to the best apple pie you’ve ever tasted.
1. Use cold butter: This is the most important step! Cold butter will aid in the creation of a flaky crust.
2. Don’t overmix: This will make your crust tough. Only mix until all of the ingredients are well blended.
3. Don’t add too much water: You don’t want wet dough, or it will be difficult to work with. Only enough to keep the dough from crumbling.
4. Chill the dough: This will help it stay firm while you’re rolling it out.
5. Use a pie crust shield: This will prevent the crust from getting too brown while it’s baking.
6. Bake at a high temperature: This will help ensure that your crust is crispy and golden brown.
Making the Filling
Making the filling is pretty simple. You’ll need about 6-7 cups of thinly sliced granny smith apples. I like to use a mix of Honeycrisp and granny smith apples because they’re both tart and sweet, but you can use whatever apples you like.
Once you have your apples, add them to a large bowl with 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Mix everything together until the apples are coated, then pour the mixture into your prepared pie dish.
Baking the Pie
Now it’s time to put your pie in the oven! But before you do, take a few minutes to preheat your oven to the temperature specified in your recipe. This extra step, believe me, is well worth it.
Once your oven is preheated, place your pie on the middle rack. If you’re using a glass or ceramic pie dish, you may want to put it on a baking sheet first, just in case it cracks.
Bake your pie for the amount of time specified in the recipe, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly. If you see that your pie is browning too quickly, you can tent it with foil to prevent over-browning.
Once your pie is done, take it out of the oven and let it cool on a wire rack for at least an hour before serving. This will allow the filling to be properly set up.
Storing and Freezing
Now that you have made the most amazing apple pie ever, you might be wondering how to store it or if you can freeze it for later. Luckily, I have some tips for you!
First, if you want to store your pie, put it in a pie dish and cover it tightly with plastic wrap. Make sure to put it in the fridge if you’re not going to be eating it within the next day or two.
As for freezing, you can either freeze the whole pie or just the dough. If you’re freezing the dough, make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer bag. And if you’re freezing the whole pie, make sure to wrap it tightly in aluminum foil before placing it in a freezer bag.
So, there you have it—the best apple pie recipe you’ll ever taste. The key is in the details, and with this recipe, you can be sure that your pie will be perfect every time.
Want to read more articles like this one? Briefnews.us is here
That’s our professional social media page :
Pinterest : @briefnewsbuzz / Facebook : @briefnewsbuzz / Instagram : @briefnewsbuzz
Subscribe to our email newsletter to get the latest posts delivered right to your email.